SKIP INTRO? JUMP TO THE TOP 10 DJ HEADPHONES LIST
DJ's or disk jockeys are responsible for spinning the kind of music people like; great music to match the event and atmosphere. It is very strange and quite hard to describe how a DJ is able to know the overall music preference of an audience because usually DJ's know exactly what gets people excited. The type of music instrument a DJ uses determines the quality of music produced whether they are spinning the music directly to people or they are in the studio creating music which can be listened to later. In our previous article on the finest studio headphones, we discovered that conventional headphones found in the market would not match the needs and demands to music enthusiasts. This also applies if you are particularly searching for DJ headphones.
Selecting The Most Suitable DJ Headphones For You
- Cost: Cost is a very important aspect for you to consider because there are very many excellent DJ headphones that cost less and there are also those that are cost relatively more and offer you superior quality. Therefore, it is all about how much money you are ready to spend or save up to get yourself the best DJ headphone.
- Type of headphone: There are pretty complicated terms that may get you confused but we here we stick to over ear or the type won on ear; just leave out ear-buds or in-ear headphones. To be specific go for closed-back headphone designs to eliminate external sound (even though we are not completely excluding open-back headphones, we prefer closed-back designs or semi-open designs for simplicity). It is important that when one is engrossed in the mix that external sound is isolated and sound does not leak outside or be heard by other people. Many of the selected models in this article have closed-back design. If you wish to learn more on the various headphone designs, you can go through our article on types of headphones.
- Fold-able Option: Fold-able headphones are an essential for DJ's. Additionally, swivel ear-cups are a must whenever you need to free one ear. Also collapsible headphones are great and suitable for travelling since they can be packed up using very little space.
- Extra accessories and details: Does the headphone include a case, spare ear-cups, and adapter just to mention a few accessories. Specifications too are important; for instance, if its cables are detachable, its impedance among others. Additionally, depending on the impedance of the headphones it advisable that you ensure the headphones are supported by DJ mixer you own or if not try using quality headphone amp to adequately power the headphones.
- General aesthetics (color, style): While this could be irrelevant to some people to others general aesthetics count. Some models offer you different color options, some models look a little more sophisticated while others just come completely black.
TOP 10 DJ HEADPHONES LIST
We have listed our top picks for DJ headphones according to how they rank to us; however, their prices may fluctuate over time. For you to find authentic DJ headphones you have carry out many evaluations. For marketing purposes companies use phrases such as ‘studio headphones’ or ‘DJ headphone’ which might get you confused but do not worry because we have made it easier for you to select the DJ headphone that best suits you. This list did not take into account budgetary constraints however low cost headphones are outlined in our article DJ headphones costing less than $100. In the comments section we would be interested to know which headphone pairs you ultimately choose.